October1st
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jamix album - The Lecture, now out in stores nationwide

3 posters

Go down

Jamix album - The Lecture, now out in stores nationwide Empty Jamix album - The Lecture, now out in stores nationwide

Post  rainforest Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:24 am

ARTISTE: The Lecture (FT. Various Artists)

RECORD LABEL: Tronix Productions, Peach & Prime Entertainment

DISTRIBUTED BY: T Joe Distribution

PRODUCER: Jamix

After producing hit tracks for the likes of Styl Plus, Modenine, and OD, veteran producer Jamix finally decides to drop his album (which we’ve waited forever for!). The album comprises of various artistes; mostly dominated by Northern based emcees (though they have made a transition to the ‘Centre of Excellence’). Jamix plays safe by placing his trust with familiar faces on this album, the album roaster features artistes he has either previously worked with or has a strong musical bond with.

From the intro, you can tell that the beats are banging and very clubby. Track after track, emcees burn the mic up with lovely wordplay, punchlines and complex metaphors. But you seem to wonder, these beats do sound too much alike and at times you would think the next song is a continuation of the last. The cohesion between the featured artistes is brilliant except on “24/7” where Styl Plus go hard only to leave rapper Alaye trying to catch up.

The songs are very bumpy and the bass is heavy and consistent. Jamix excites his listeners with vocal shout-outs over the verses making it sound very original. On “I’m here with you”, Jeremiah Gyang is left alone to take smooth control with perfect croons and adlibs. Some tracks do sound unnecessary like “Ma belle” ft Dollar Sign, El dot, Gee Zee, & VT combs and “Betcha” ft B.O.U.Q.U.I which appeared on her album 3 years ago.

But Jamix bounces back with “Freestyle Session” ft Modenine, Ain Mosni, Pherowshuz, El Dot, Ruggedman, Gee Zee & OD which is the highest point on the album. Apart from the fact that you get to see ‘Modey’ & ‘Ruggedy’ on the same track despite their ‘wars’, “Freestyle Session” just brings back the good old days before vocal modulations and corny rap. Not forgetting “Omo Naija” ft Terry G, 9ice and M.I which still sounds relevant on the album after the single was released 3 years ago. Another track that stands out is “My Party” ft newcomers Ice Prince, Wizkid & the girl Kel.

rainforest

Back to top Go down

Jamix album - The Lecture, now out in stores nationwide Empty Re: Jamix album - The Lecture, now out in stores nationwide

Post  kratos007 Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:49 am

i haven't seen it in benin. trust b-side to get stuff last. i will keep an eye out for it though. Very Happy
kratos007
kratos007

Back to top Go down

Jamix album - The Lecture, now out in stores nationwide Empty Re: Jamix album - The Lecture, now out in stores nationwide

Post  rainforest Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:51 am

no biggy boss...might send a copy down to you because there are some 'must hear' tracks!

rainforest

Back to top Go down

Post  nex Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:45 pm

@Rainforest

that must mean you already have a copy for yourself.So how would you rate the album on a scale of 1-10?
nex
nex

http://www.October1st.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum